The first ever social media week Accra is currently underway at the Silver bird Cinemas in Accra.
The independent event is organised by Echo House Ghana Limited with support from Vodafone Ghana Limited.
This morning’s session was presented by Mr Princewill Osaro Omogiuwa and he spoke about ‘Building a Digital Career In Ghana.’
He stated that Digital Marketing gives young people a lot of opportunities and it should be a crime to graduate people who don’t have digital skills in today’s world.
To build a better Digital Marketing Career, you should note the following.
1.Begin your career with the end in mind
2. You cannot do Proper Digital marketing by reading a book. You need to practice it
3. You have to deploy a working strategy, you’ll need it.
4. If you want to kick off a Startup, you must be ready to give it at least 2 years to flourish.
5. As students, we can Freelance from campus with these platforms. This can help you earn some money while in school.
6. Keep yourself updated on what goes on online (check out who is blogging what)
7. Be with people who will feed your convictions, if not they are starving it
8. You must write, if your content is not online then you don’t exist